Company: Al Futtaim Private Company LLC
Universal American School (UAS), founded in 2005, is a not-for-profit, PreK – Grade 12 American International school governed by the Al-Futtaim Education Foundation, located in the buzzing Dubai Festival City. Nurtured in a community of integrity and academic excellence, we help our students become compassionate, confident learners who know who they are and what they stand for. Our students are inspired to challenge themselves within a holistic academic, artistic and athletic educational program based on American AERO and International Baccalaureate (IB) standards. Teaching and learning at UAS embrace forward thinking, adaptive educational practices tailored to meet the aspirations of our international and Emirati student population. In partnership with Al-Futtaim, we are uniquely positioned to provide conseptualized, real-world learning experiences as well as professional internships for our students.
Al-Futtaim Educational Foundation (AFEF)
The AFEF is an initiative of the Al Futtaim family to support the vision of the Government of Dubai and the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) for the creation of a globally competitive economy while maximizing its social contribution to the community through this not-for-profit endeavor. The vision for the Foundation is to create excellence, prepare students for higher education, and give them skills to successfully embrace global citizenship and future opportunities in the UAE and beyond.
Pre KG Student Support Assistant | Universal American School | Dubai
To assist the teacher with the daily activities and supervise individuals and small groups as per the directions and be an advocate for the students in overcoming their barriers to learning.
- Support a range of students within the school in improving their social skills, gross and fine motor skills, subject knowledge as per the curulliculum expectations and independent learning skills
- Supervise students in class, between classes, during lunch and break time, and on the field trips
- Assist teachers prepare for lessons by getting materials ready or setting up equipment, such as computers, printing material etc
- Support the students during the assessment periods
- Help teachers with recordkeeping, such as tracking attendance
- Support the class Teacher to ensure the school rules are clearly communicated and modelled to all children rules are clearly communicated and modelled to all children
- Respond to the needs of the children by providing appropriate intervention to enable them to overcome barriers to learning
- Assist the teacher with daily routines, e.g. organization of homework folders, diaries and reading books
- Ensure the classroom environment meets standards for safety and cleanliness
The ideal person must have:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred / early childhood certification
- Preferred 1-2 years of experience working with children in the age group
- Experience with Handling Child personal care