Executive Housekeeper – Preopening Bahrain
About Jumeirah & the Hotel:
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise.
Its award winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 23 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia and employs over 8,000 colleagues, representing over 106 nationalities.
As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world class environments.
Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity, and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.
About the Job:
An opportunity has arisen for a Executive Houskeeper to join Housekeeping in the Preopeing hotel for Bahrain. The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
- Oversee housekeeping operations
- Evaluate Guest satisfaction levels and monitor trends with a focus on continuous improvement
- Operate within departmental budgets through effective stock and cost controls and well managed schedules
- Set departmental targets and objectives, work schedules, budgets, and policies and procedures
- Inspect, regularly, all fixtures, fittings, and appliances to ensure compliance to standards and take action as necessary to conform to standard
- Monitor the appearance, standards and performance of the HousekeepingTeam with an emphasis on training and teamwork
- Ensure team members have an up-to-date knowledge of all room categories and amenities
- Maintain good communication and work relationships in all hotel areas and with external customers and suppliers
- Ensure staffing levels cover business demands
- Ensure ongoing training
- Ensure communication meetings are conducted and post-meeting minutes generated
- Manage staff performance issues in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Recruit, manage, train and develop the Housekeeping team
- Competent in property management systems
- Assist other departments wherever necessary
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Housekeeping experience within the luxary hotel sector
- A successful track record of managing a large team
- Diploma in Hotel Management
- High level of commercial awareness and cost control capabilities
- Previous experience of managing a department and Profit and Loss account
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Committed to delivering high levels of customer service
- Ability to work under pressure
- IT proficiency
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Proficiency, at an intermediate level, with computers and computer programs, including Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational, budget management, and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- A passion for delivering exceptional levels of guest service