Job at Chemonics – WASH Finance Director, January 2021
Company Name: Chemonics International, Inc.
Chemonics seeks a WASH Finance Director for the anticipated USAID water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) activity in Tanzania. The Activity’s overall objective is to expand the provision and governance of WASH services and the management of water resources through partnership with the government and private sector. The WASH Finance Director will be responsible for overseeing technical activities improving the financial management capacity, profitability and access to financing for public and private sector stakeholders in water resource management and service provision. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Under the chief of party, provides oversight and coordination of technical activities building financial management capacity of public and private sector stakeholders in the water resource management and service provision sectors
- Guides program staff in activities supporting the financial viability of small town utilities to facilitate access to National Water Fund resources
- Creates linkages between microfinance institutions and local enterprises which provide household sanitation products, fecal sludge management services or water scheme maintenance services
- Supports Basin Water Boards’ revenue generation and profitability strategies to increase water stewardship and protection activity implementation
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in finance, business/marketing, public policy, public administration, economics, water and natural resource management, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience in a related field;
- A minimum of 7 years’ of experience in the design, implementation, and management of donor-funded (USAID preferred) WASH programs, infrastructure and investment prioritization, project finance, or utility reform programs, or in other related fields in an international context;
- Experience engaging local government regulatory authorities and forming private-public partnerships in the region preferred;
- Experience with Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) and youth integration in project implementation preferred;
- Proven record of fostering collaboration and innovation to achieve program goals, meet program milestones, and produce quality program results;
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity;
- Fluency in English with excellent oral and written communication skills required; proficiency in Swahili preferred; and
- Experience working in Sub-Saharan Africa strongly preferred.
How to Apply:
Please upload your CV, cover letter, and answer all questions at: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/e09071249e96430b94f5a76d6fcaef1e. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors. Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/ .
Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis.